After treatment, it may take a
while for your menstrual periods to start again. But getting your period may not mean
that your fertility is okay. You may want to work with a fertility specialist. He or she
- Do tests to check your fertility hormone levels
- See how many eggs are in your ovaries
- Look for other signs that you can have a baby
- Help you use eggs or embryos frozen before cancer treatment
- Help you use eggs or embryos from a donor
The specialist will help you understand your options and
what may work best for you.
Working with a fertility specialist
may not be covered by health insurance. It's important to know this. Fertility
treatments can cost thousands of dollars. In many cases, more than 1 treatment is
needed. Talk with the fertility specialist and your health insurer to find out what your
own costs will be.